Thursday, January 10, 2019

I Enter This Restaurant And This White Guy Threw A Chair At Me For No Reason!

White guy throws a chair at a teen after he entered a Chicago restaurant. 
Chicago teen filmed a restaurant manager throwing a chair at him. The manager's excuse for throwing the chair at the teen. This was an "instinct" to react due to his previous encounters with Black men.

John "Kyle" Johnson was entering Poke Poke, a local restaurant in the Chicago Loop. This guy decides to throw a chair at him.


Johnson was with two of his friends when he saw someone wave at him through the window.

When he opened the door, he heard the manager scream, "I'll kick your ass!"

The manager identified as Matthew Fezzey swung a chair at him. He said to the teens, "This is my place of business." The chair hit the arm and left him with injuries.

Johnson decided to whip out his camera and confront the manager.

"I was super shocked. I was scared, thinking, 'Is this really happening right now?' I looked into his eyes, and they were super furious."

While recording the encounter, his friends called 911.

Fezzey decided to apologize for the encounter by saying that he's not a racist but it was instinct.

"Two days ago -- and I'm not trying to be racist - two Black guys robbed two people right here," Feezy said.

The teen replied, "But sir, you threw a chair at me. I'm not those guys."

"This is the third time in a row. Three days before that, two more Black guys. I actually fought them in here. The tried threatening one of my employees and I had to fight them. When you guys came in here, I just get really fucking defensive, really defensive, because I have to fight them off all the time. These security guards over here don't do a fucking thing," said Feezey.
Poke Poke location in the Loop faces a boycott after manager assaulted a customer because of his instinct.
Feezey then tells Johnson and his friend that he was "way in the wrong" and felt bad.

"But that was just my first instinct," said Feezey. "Because I've had to deal with fights here, which I shouldn't."

Johnson then looks directly at the camera and declares "I was not trying to hurt this man."

"I shouldn't have done that, I knew it was wrong. But I had to fight three people at my restaurant the other day, so I thought I had to fight some more people, so I fucking freaked out."

Poke Poke decided to place the manager in the freezer pending a cannon firing. The restaurant did apologize to Johnson and his friends. The Chicago Police are investigating the incident and will pursue criminal charges.

"How our manager reacted to the situation was absolutely unacceptable and against what we stand for. Racism has no place in today's society, and no one should ever be judged by the color of their skin.There are no excuses for what happened to Kyle and for that we apologize." said the restaurant in a statement.

Anish Parikh, the attorney for Johnson said legal action will be pursued.

"This type of behavior, in our opinion warrants a termination. [This guy's] suspension 'speaks volumes' about their business and the people who run it."

Johnson on his part just held calm.

"My state of mind was literally, 'God help me,' and I just remained calm."

Ja'Mal Green, a prominent Chicago activist called upon a public boycott of the establishment.



As for those calling for a boycott, they say they will boycott until Fezzey if fired.

It's 2019, we still have white folks still acting out around people of color. Truly a problem and no solution in sight. We seen it three times. Remember that white lady who went bonkers inside a craft store in Chicago. You seen how cops are killing people of color in the city. You seen that jackass who threatened Black folks outside a restaurant.

Racism does exist in the big cities. I

1 comment:

La Reyna said...

Guys like him has a big issue with Black men. This guy needs to be in jail, not out managing his restaurant. He thinks he's entitled to harm Black men in Chicago, he has one thing coming. And it's coming in a form of lawsuits, boycotts, etc.

As for this injured Brother, get well soon, then sue the heck out of that restaurant. Make the guy pay for his crimes against this Brother.

SB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails