Saturday, September 08, 2018

Mac Miller Passed Away!


Sad day in hip-hop.

Mac Miller was found dead of an apparent overdose. He was on the final leg of his nationwide tour.

Native of Pittsburgh, Mac Miller was one of the few greatest white rappers out there. The Los Angeles Police Department were notified to his residence this afternoon on reports of the rapper going into cardiac arrest. They were not successful to revive him.

The 26 year old rapper was battling alcoholism and drug use. Malcolm McCormick was his government name.

His family and publicist released a statement.

"He was a bright light in this world for his family, friends and fans. Thank you for your prayers. Please respect our privacy. There are no further details as to the cause of his death at this time."
Life without Mac. Mac Miller, a prolific rapper died of an apparent drug overdose.
The famed pop singer Ariana Grande, who suffered through the Manchester terrorist attack was truly heartbroken. Her and boyfriend Pete Davidson are being slammed for the rapper's death.

Grande was just at the Aretha Franklin funeral in August.

Grande dated the rapper for nearly two years before they split. She would end up with Pete Davidson, the entertainer and comedian.

The rapper was found in his bedroom at his home in the San Fernando Valley. The death has rocked the hip-hop and rock industry. Mac Miller crossed both the underground rap scene to become one of the greatest white rappers in the country.

Many in the hip-hop community had offer their condolences.



View this post on Instagram

Not sure what to say... Rest Easy bro! You’re energy was bright n infectious! I appreciate your voice and your heart bro. You pulled up to my 1st appearance in Pittsburgh for my mixtape FF2 n we been cool since. We did a gang of shows together, had music together and had some great talks. I relate a lot to you because we had a similar path, repped our city’s n started coming up around the same time. Thank you for your voice and all you addressed from feeling good, love, feeling bad, mental health, anxiety, depression n just things a lot of us identify with. I’ve been off social media more because I haven’t been feeling social, but I looked and saw a DM on twitter from u last week n it’s hurting me I didn’t fucking log on and see it and hit you back! You’ll live forever, Love!
A post shared by BIGSEAN (@bigsean) on
View this post on Instagram
Wanted to post something yesterday but I was really at a loss for words. Yes, one day we’re all promised death but we don’t like to think that it’s actually going to happen. No matter how much I try to understand the reality of it, it’s pattern & ask the same questions over & over again.... I can never really grasp it the way I need to so I often just let the thoughts fade. And it isn’t until closely reminded by someone that you care about whether friend or family that you once again begin to question our entire existence. I say all that to say..... no matter how you spin it, it is a very painful thought & an even more unfathomable reality. The news I got yesterday of your very untimely demise really hit a spot old friend & although myself & your many fans are in disbelief... your family has to be broken. I just talked to you last week & like always it was comical but nonetheless enough to carry along with your memory as I live out the rest of my days on this earth. Thanks for always being true to yourself & those around you & others. I don’t cry often, but I shed many tears yesterday & sat alone staring at nothing thinking about you bro. You are an irreplaceable soul & I really enjoyed being your friend. All the love in the world goes out to your family & I hope the other side is as beautiful as we all believe. Life......... doesn’t end here for you Mac - your bro “Hoodie Game” as you would say in your Italian mob voice” πŸ™πŸΎ #RestInParadiseMac
A post shared by The Game (@losangelesconfidential) on


He was also a noted record producer under the pseudonym Larry Fisherman.

In early 2010, Miller signed a record deal with Pittsburgh-based indie record label Rostrum Records. He subsequently began recording his debut studio album Blue Slide Park, and released it on November 8, 2011. The album went on to debut at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, making it the first independently distributed debut album to top the chart since Tha Dogg Pound's 1995 album, Dogg Food.

In early 2013, Miller launched REMember Music, his own record label imprint, named after a friend who died. Miller's second album, Watching Movies with the Sound Off, was released on June 18, 2013. In January 2014, Miller announced he was no longer signed to Rostrum Records. In October 2014, it was reported Miller signed a record deal for him and his label REMember, with Warner Bros. Records.

Miller said that he became addicted to a combination of promethazine and codeine, known as "purple drank" or "lean," which he began taking to manage the stress he was enduring during his Macadelic Tour in 2012. In January 2013, Miller told Complex: "I love lean; it's great. I was not happy and I was on lean very heavy. I was so fucked up all the time it was bad. My friends couldn't even look at me the same. I was lost."

At the time of Miller's addiction, his childhood friend, Jimmy Murton, said: "I saw him in that mentality I remember being in—you're getting fucked up because you feel like you need to. You're trying to get away from everything. For how much he was drinking, it's unbelievable that he stopped. It's definitely one of the most impressive things he's ever done." Miller quit taking promethazine in November 2012, before he started the shooting of his reality show, Mac Miller and the Most Dope Family.

A young legend gone in a heartbeat. Rest easy Mac.

You will be missed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails