Thursday, December 07, 2017

Franken Bows Out!

Franken is out.
And so he goes....

Al Franken will relinquish his Senate seat at the end of December. The embattled Democrat was forced to resign after eight women accused the lawmaker of inappropriate behavior.

Franken on his part, apologized again to his accusers. He said that he will continue to fight for the rights on the sidelines.

He took a dig at Donald J. Trump and Roy Moore.

Trump is facing 17 accusers who said he sexually abused them. Moore who is running for the senate seat in Alabama has nine women accusing him of sexual abuse when they were underage girls.

Franken said it's ironic that the Democrats hold their people accountable and Republicans embrace their people.

“Over the last few weeks, a number of women have come forward to talk about how they felt my actions had affected them. I was shocked. I was upset,” he said.  “But in responding to their claims, I also wanted to be respectful of that broader conversation, because all women deserve to be heard and their experiences taken seriously. I think that was the right thing to do. I also think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that I in fact haven’t done.” 

“I am proud that during my time in the Senate I have used my power to be a champion of women. And that I have earned a reputation as someone who respects the women I work alongside every day. I know there’s been a very different picture of me painted over the last few weeks, but I know who I really am,” he said. “I know in my heart that nothing I’ve done as a senator, nothing, has brought dishonor on this institution.” 

“I of all people am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party,” Franken said. 

Franken was an actor, screenwriter, book writer, talk radio host and activist.

Now he is a disgraced lawmaker.

He joins his former nemesis Bill O'Reilly on the sidelines.

The seat will go through a special election in 2018. It was SAFE DEMOCRAT.

Now it's going to LEAN DEMOCRAT/TOSS UP.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails