Thursday, December 07, 2017

Beans And Franks!

Trent Franks is out.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) is following Al Franken right out the door. The Arizona congressman who said racist stuff about Barack Obama is finding himself caught up in a sex scandal as well.

As a member of the do nothing Freedom Caucus, Franks had allocated his staunch stances on abortion, immigration and race relations in his usual bigoted fashion.

Franks was accused of inappropriate behavior towards two female staffers.

He was begging them to father his children. The lawmaker was texting inappropriate pictures to the point of "creepy."

“I deeply regret that my discussion of this option and process in the workplace caused distress,” he said. “In the midst of this current cultural and media climate, I am deeply convinced I would be unable to complete a fair House Ethics investigation before distorted and sensationalized versions of this story would put me, my family, my staff, and my noble colleagues in the House of Representatives through hyperbolized public excoriation.” 

Franks was told to resign by House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI).

Franks and members of his fellow Republicans gathered in a prayer circle and watched Franks cry his eyes out saying he's a sinner.

The House Ethics Committee is looking into Tim Murphy, Blake Farenthold, John Conyers and now Trent Franks for inappropriate behavior.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails