Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Scandal Claims A Trump Scalp!

Trump aide out.

Mike Flynn becomes the first Trump Administration figure to resign from his position as the National Security Advisor. Flynn facing scandal over his ties to a Russian diplomat who wanted Trump and his allies to maneuver sanctions imposed by then president Barack Obama.

In the course of my duties as the incoming National Security Adviser, I held numerous phone calls with foreign counterparts, ministers, and ambassadors. These calls were to facilitate a smooth transition and begin to build the necessary relationships between the president, his advisors, and foreign leaders. Such calls are standard practice in any transition of this magnitude.

Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the vice president and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador. I have sincerely apologized to the president and the vice president and they accepted my apology.

Throughout my over thirty three years of honorable military service,  and my tenure as the National Security Advisor, I have always performed my duties with the utmost of integrity and honesty to those I have served, to include the President of the United States.

I am tendering my resignation, honored to have served our nation and the American people in such as distinguished way. 

I am also extremely honored to have served President Trump, who in just three weeks, has reoriented American foreign policy in fundamental ways to restore America's leadership position in the world.

As I step away once again from serving my nation in this current capacity, I wish to thank President Trump for his personal loyalty, the friendship of those who I worked with throughout the hard fought campaign, the challenging period of transition, and during the early days of his presidency.

I know with the strong leadership of President Donald J. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence and the superb team they are assembling, this team will go down in history as one of the greatest presidencies in U.S. history, and I firmly believe the American people will be well served as they all work together to help Make America Great Again.

Michael T. Flynn, LTG (Ret.) Assistant to the President/National Security Advisor

He lied to vice fuhrer Mike Pence and top officials.

Flynn who served on the National Security team for less than a month said that he given "incomplete information" regarded a telephone call he had in December before fuhrer Donald J. Trump's inauguration. Flynn at first denied having talks with Sergey Kislyak, the Russian ambassador to the United States.

The U.S. Department of Justice alerted Trump and his crew about the possibility of the Russians getting into the bubble. Trump finally acknowledged that he was aware of the situation 11 days after being warned about the Flynn scandal.

Flynn, a former lieutenant to the Army intelligence services was fired out the cannon in 2014 after fellow officials in the Obama administration said he's a stark crazy lunatic.    

Since Trump announced his run for the leadership, Flynn was by his side. Flynn along with many other top officials helped Trump draft the executive order banning travelers and immigrants from seven nations with Muslim majorities. The federal court put a halt to the executive order and Trump is rethinking on a "legal" way of pushing his ban forward.

Democrats are calling for investigations.

They said that for all the investigations of Hillary Clinton's email server, the Republicans won't even find interest in this huge scandal.

But the pressure is on and many Republicans are starting to sweat. Given that the Trump administration is so weak on national security, I was wondering if the Republicans would finally start putting their mouths where the problem is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails