|Actress/singer Tisha Campbell-Martin files for bankruptcy. Her husband is actor/real estate agent Duane Martin.|
The news isn't good for a veteran actress and her real estate husband. The Daily Mail says that the actress/singer Tisha Campbell-Martin and her husband Duane Martin are broke.
They filed for petition in order to "reorganize their assets". The couple lost over $15 million.
- They have only $313,000 in assets between them
- They owe $43,000 on a 42-month lease for a 2016 Range Rover, $17,000 on a 2016 Jeep Wrangler, $67,000 on their 2014 Range Rover
- They also owe $39,000 to American Express
- Their joint monthly income is $7,655 but monthly expenses are $16,953.
- Currently they only have $200 in cash and $173 in a credit union.
- Documents list the value of their two dogs as $2
- Tisha is best known for co-starring with Martin Lawrence in the TV series 'Martin'
The couple filed for bankruptcy on January 7th in US Bankruptcy Court in California.
Their assets include $65,000 in real estate, $248,000 in personal property, totaling $313,000 in assets. But they owe over $15,145,387 in liabilities to creditors.
|Tisha Campbell-Martin had a very public feud with her co-star Martin Lawrence. It lead to the cancellation of their hit sitcom Martin.|
The couple’s liabilities include $3 million to Broadway Federal Bank for a personal guaranty for a real estate loan they took out, $9.5 million to the City of Los Angeles for a personal guaranty, $82,000 in back state taxes for 2005 & 2011, $86,000 to New York State Department of Taxation and $30,000 to the State Board of Equalization.
Tisha Campbell-Martin plays Demona on the ABC comedy Dr. Ken. Her other credits besides Martin and Dr. Ken includes My Wife and Kids, the House Party movie franchise, Little Shop of Horrors, Boomerang, and Everybody Hates Chris.
Duane Martin is featured on The Real Husbands of Hollywood. His most notable credits included the sitcom All of Us, Out All Night, and White Men Can't Jump.