|Spencer Stone, Alek Skarlatos and Anthony Sadler will meet French president François Hollande. President Barack Obama praised the Americans for stopping a terrorist from carrying out his mass murder plot.|
Americans were praised by the French government after they disarmed a terrorist who tried to shoot up a train bound for Paris.
As it left Belgium, the train was traveling through the rural side of the country. After it enter France, the Morocco-born man picked up his piece and began firing.
The passengers were caught off guard by this and were fearing the end was near. Well three Americans and one Brit were there to stop this from becoming a tragedy.
Some witness said that the train staff turned chicken and left the passengers to fend for themselves.
These men gave his a five finger knuckle roll with a side of toe jam seasoning. The Americans put their fear aside and went to action. Spencer Stone, Alek Skarlatos and Anthony Sadler were passengers on the train and they along with British IT worker Chris Norman handled business. They subdued the shooter and put him in the hospital. He is expected to face criminal charges.
The suspect’s motive was not immediately known, but French prosecutors said counter-terrorism investigators were launching an inquiry. According to early briefings, the gunman was known to French intelligence services and was Moroccan or of Moroccan origin.
|Knockout punch served with a side of toe jam seasoning.|
Belgian prosecutors said on Saturday they had formally opened an anti-terrorism investigation. “We have opened an inquiry as the suspect boarded the train in Brussels,” Eric van der Sypt, a spokesman for the prosecutor’s office, said.
The shooting happened just before 6pm in the last carriage of the train, which was carrying 554 passengers. The man had several weapons in his luggage, including a Kalashnikov, an automatic pistol and razor blades.
The attacker was taken into custody as the train was stopped in Arras, about two hours northeast of Paris. He was being interviewed by French counter-terrorism officials Saturday, said French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve.
Cazeneuve said the attacker, Ayoub El-Qahzzani may be a 26-year-old Moroccan national who was flagged by Spanish authorities last year for links to Islamic extremist movements, but his identity was never confirmed.
World News Today send our prayers to the victims of this tragedy. But we also send our praise to the brave men who disarmed this terrorist.