Friday, August 01, 2014

Ohio Man Killed By Reckless Driver Fleeing The Law!

Questions mount over police pursuit that ended with a death of a man.

A.J. Ector wasn't a criminal. He wasn't a person involved in a high speed chase by local law enforcement.

He was an unlikely subject in a controversial story coming out of Dayton. He was a victim. A man who was killed after a police chase that turned extremely dangerous. The FBI, Ohio State Highway Patrol, Montgomery County Sheriff and numerous police organizations will look into the situation that happened.

We here at Journal de la Reyna send our condolences to the family of A.J. Ector.

The law sought a dope boy who was violating his probation. They spotted him and the dope boy took off.

The chase reached speeds over 100 mph. Around the "ghost town" near Ohio State Route 49 a man who was walking home was ran over without

The young man didn't even see it coming and he paid the price for a reckless driver and the law's attempt to apprehend.

According to The Dayton Daily News, suspect Aaron Johnson will be charged shortly for a probation violation, weapons under disability, vehicular homicide, fleeing and eluding.

The "ghost town" outside of Dayton along with multiple agencies are looking into

Trotwood Police officers and Montgomery County Sheriff deputies were involved in the pursuit, which started as a result of drug investigation.

Porter and Plummer did not respond to this newspaper’s request for the names of the law enforcement officials involved in the pursuit.

The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office has ruled that Agyasi Ector, 27, of Trotwood, died of blunt force trauma and that the manner of death is accidental due to an automobile crash.

Brad Shaw, spokesman for the Ohio State Highway Patrol, said the state patrol is only investigating the crash and declined to comment on the preliminary investigation.

A funeral service has been scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday at Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, 3300 W. Third St. in Dayton, according to Ector’s family and the House of Wheat Funeral Home.

Last week, Porter said an early review of the July 24 incident indicates that Trotwood police followed procedures in the pursuit.

“Our preliminary investigation shows that the officers acted appropriately and according to the pursuit procedures,” Porter said last week. “We’re still investigating that, and that’s a separate investigation that’s going on now at this time also.”

Ector was walking on a sidewalk when he was struck by a black sedan that was occupied by two males, both in their 20s. The sedan swerved across Shiloh Springs Road and snapped a telephone pole before landing in a ditch near Lowe’s.

Both males were taken to a local hospital and later released. One was treated for minor injuries and the other had a broken leg and lacerations.

One of the suspects was held in the Montgomery County jail on an old unrelated drug possession charge, according to Porter.

Representatives of the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office met on Friday with law enforcement involved with the investigation, according to Greg Flannagan, spokesman for the county prosecutor’s office.

The sheriff’s office, OSP and Trotwood police are investigating the incident that resulted in Ector’s death, Flannagan said. “These agencies are continuing their investigations. After the investigations are completed, the findings may be presented to the Montgomery County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for possible felony charges,” Flannagan said.

The chase started in Harrison Twp. just after 2 p.m. Thursday, July 24, when Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputies attempted to stop one of the suspects for questioning in connection to a drug investigation, Porter said, adding there was no arrest warrant. The man got into the car and reportedly rammed two cruisers before speeding toward Trotwood.

Speeds during the chase reached 100 miles per hour along eastbound Shiloh Springs Road, Porter said.

Trotwood police and the state patrol executed a search warrant for the black sedan and seized an unknown amount of marijuana and two semi-automatic handguns.

Last week, Ector’s uncle, Harry Ector, said his nephew was just walking to work at Trotwood’s Office Depot when the accident happened. A manager at Office Depot said he was not allowed to comment.

“This just shouldn’t have happened,” Harry Ector said. “He probably had his earbuds in and couldn’t hear the high-speed chase and everything.”

Ector, known to family and friends as AJ, is the fifth person in the Dayton-area to die since 2011 because of high-speed pursuits.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails