Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Angie Martinez: Hot 97 Is So F**ked Up!

Hip-hop personality Angie Martinez resigns from Hot 97.


Veteran radio personality Angie Martinez reveals that she officially vacates the afternoon spot on New York's WQHT, known as hip-hop station Hot 97.

She is the most recognizable voice during an afternoon drive in the largest city and home of east coast hip-hop acts. Known as “The Voice of New York”, her afternoon radio show has consistently been ranked #1 with more young listeners than any other radio program in the country.

She jumped ship and is being recruited for the rival New York hip-hop station WWPR, Power 105.

The Huffington Post's Black Voices section reports that the news came as a shock to many, details regarding the 43-year-old’s reason for leaving the station have not been made public until now.

This morning Martinez finally broke her silence alongside her new colleagues, Angela Yee, DJ Envy, and Charlamagne Tha God during an interview on “The Breakfast Club.” When asked what lead to her decision to join the Clear Channel company Martinez revealed her future goals in addition to dishing on the two stations ongoing public rivalry amongst its radio personalities.

“Honestly, it was time for me to grow and to do things. And there’s so much…I’m sure you all know, this company offers so much opportunity for growth,” she said. “I want to be on in different cities, I want to be able to grow, I want to be able to have new challenges, see new things. I want to learn how this studio works…it was time. I feel like I’ve done what I could do in that company. I think my friendships remain. I never really subscribed to, cause somebody else works somewhere else we have to be enemies. Me and you [DJ Envy] always been cool.”

Martinez has a son with former Dru Hill singer and music producer Nokio.


________________________

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails