Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Night Lights!



Man this has been a long week. I've worked so hard and hadn't got the opportunity to keep the postings on Journal de la Reyna plentiful. I apologize though! Anyway, we will close out January with the latest things I've missed while I was at work those last few days.

One thing that I'll cover is the confirmation of the controversial Florida man who killed an unarmed teen. He drove the narrative that he stood his ground despite having a shaky story and constant run-in with law enforcement. A trial that created a racial and political divide in America.

A man who wants to continue to keep his celebrity in the spotlight despite pleas to keep his profile low!

George Zimmerman is planning on getting the boxing gloves on for a celebrity event.

Certainly it's going to piss off Black America.

It's funny, he's willing to do this stuff. And for charity.

“Boxing isn’t new to me,” Zimmerman told Radar Online. “It’s something I had picked up well before the incident and it’s something that I liked, I enjoyed, and I kept up with it and I was able to lose a tremendous amount of weight and get a healthy lifestyle.”

Zimmerman was eventually acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the case, which became a focal point for racial tensions.

Prospective challengers are urged to contact promoters by email at fightgeorge@hotmail.com, and promoter Damon Feldman said Zimmerman would be willing to fight a black person.

“We’re not looking at it as a race thing,” Feldman said. “We haven’t discussed purple, yellow, white, black.”

The Compton-based rapper Game is hoping that Zimmerman gets into the ring. After all the controversial rapper wants to "knock the shit" out of him. “I will beat the f*ck out of him,” the rapper told TMZ. “I would not be boxing for me. I’d be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family.”
Outspoken entertainer Game wants to fight Zimmerman.
Tracy Martin and Sabrina Fulton would rather see the rapper use his talents somewhere else. Like try to repeal state laws that enhance the castle doctrine (aka stand your ground) laws.

Game, who has a tattoo of the slain teen on his leg. “I would definitely take pleasure in it. It’s legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon.”

Zimmerman said the boxing match was his idea.

“Prior to the incident I was actually going to the gym for weight loss and doing boxing-type training for weight loss,” Zimmerman said, “and a mutual friend put me in contact with Damon and provided me with an opportunity and motivation to get back in shape and continue with my weight loss goals and also be able to help a charity out.”

He declined to identify the charity or say whether he would be paid for the match.

“I’d love to tell you [the charity] but unfortunately there’s so much animosity still from people out there, that if I name the charity now they would get bombarded with negativity, so I’d rather not,” Zimmerman said. “I’ll leave it up to them to say if they want it to be publicized or not. But I will tell you that it’s an animal rescue.”

After his July 2012 acquittal, Zimmerman has had several brushes with the law but was not charged in a domestic violence case against his estranged wife, and his girlfriend recanted her allegations against him in another domestic violence case.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails