Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tea Party Republican Trey Radel Got Busted For Coke!

Looks like he's going to need a drug test for his government benefits.

Tea Party freshman congressman was just on That Guy Who Helped Obama Win's right wing carnival two weeks ago. I wonder if That Guy Who Helped Obama Win going to talk about all those "corrupt" lawmakers?

I mean he's been on this rant about President Barack Obama's "you can keep it" meme for two months now.

How is it that he'll speak ill of Eliot Spitzer, Anthony Weiner, Bill Clinton, Jim McGreevy and that Toronto mayor Rob Ford and never those Republicans?

With the exception of Ford, the ones That Guy complains about is usually Democrats.

Never the talk about Dick Cheney firing a gun in the face of his friend. No talk about Mark Foley sexting boys. No talk about Senator David Vitter (R-Louisiana) and the Hoe Tell. No talk about John Ensign. No talk about Mark Souder running game on a church lady. No talk about any Republicans who managed to shame themselves in public.

All you hear is Democrats this, Obama that!

I doubt he'll be mentioning one word about this guy.

After all he's a "Democrat" according to the folks over at Loserville.

Yeah, I can vouch for that one, I've heard this Republican asshole on the radio ranting about how it's President Barack Obama's fault for the government shutdown. It seems like the politico is a product of his own creation.

Congressman Trey Radel, the guy who sought to investigate the Obamacare website fiasco was arrested for cocaine possession. Yeah, it's like those who throw stones at glass houses again.

Radel, a Republican, has worked as a television reporter, anchor, conservative radio host, and businessman. His district is located in southwest Florida and includes Fort Myers, Naples and Cape Coral.

Elected in November 2012, Radel, won the blessings of Republicans who sought opportunities to undermine the president's agenda.

District of Columbia court records show charges against Congressman Henry "Trey" Radel were filed Tuesday.

The 37-year-old Radel, a Republican, was elected in 2012. Telephone and e-mail messages left with Radel's spokeswoman, Amanda Nunez, were not immediately returned Tuesday afternoon.

Radel is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday morning.

Charging documents from the U.S. attorney's office state Radel possessed "unlawfully, knowingly and intentionally ... a quantity of cocaine."

Yeah, Melanie Sloan of the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) will put his dumb ass in the forefront of her rotten lawmakers section.

I promise you this, if Radel not seek another term, Republicans may still have a chance to hold on to the congressional seat.

Oh, I forgot he's a huge fan of hip-hop music! I'm guessing he's listening to Rick Ross on his iPod.

He penned an article for Buzzfeed, saying: Unlike most young, white teenagers growing up in the suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio, my favorite musicians were hip hop artists, including rappers such as Eric B., Big Daddy Kane and Chuck D of Public Enemy.

As a young man listening to hip hop in the late 80s and early 90s, I was exposed to what was happening outside of my world of finely manicured lawns in the ‘burbs. Before I bought my first Public Enemy cassette tape (kids, you can Google “cassette tape”), exotic food was Taco Bell and my exposure to different cultures came through the television. Now, I have backpacked, worked or lived in almost 50 countries and speak three languages. I owe part of that passion, love of people and different cultures directly to hip hop.

It was 1989. I walked off my school bus with my little brother. I set foot onto one of those finely manicured lawns. A cassette tape was on the curb, the top half cut off and unwound. Being a music lover, I took out my number two pencil and wound it up. We got home, and I played the tape. The opening line was “You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge.” It was NWA, the hardcore, gangsta rappers that rapped about life in Compton in graphic, graphic detail.

Of course, as a young, rebellious kid, I felt a thrill listening to this music. Immediately, the hip-hop artists did what artists have been doing for centuries – they opened my eyes up to a whole new world. NWA was doing what blues, folk and rock stars have been doing for generations- they were describing hardship and pain. They described their experience as young, black men coming of age during the crack epidemic, gang wars and violence in every direction. Where else could a sheltered suburban kid hear or learn about these issues in such a graphic way? Not the local library.

My love of hip hop never ceased and included the aforementioned Chuck D of Public Enemy. Chuck said it best, “our freedom of speech is freedom or death.” This is a message we can all get behind, Republican or Democrat. I find a conservative message in “Fight the Power” because I believe when government expands it becomes a political tool meant to oppress. We see it when Chuck D addresses oppression and the Civil Rights movement or references the Black Panthers. We see it when NWA, or even old-school artists like Paris, address harassment from law enforcement. Targeting and oppression is happening today, from the IRS going after political groups to the government spying on journalists and everyday American citizens.

Liberty does not grow with government; they stand in contrast to one another. We have to vigilantly protect it, so we can continue to live in a free society. Music is and has always been another way to shed light where there is injustice. I am a Hip Hop Conservative, and that is not an oxymoron. It is the future of many others in my generation of 40 and below.

My goal as a Member of Congress is to connect and communicate the conservative message to people, cutting across cultural, generational and ethnic lines. My love for music has helped me do this, and as much as we may disagree philosophically, Public Enemy and NWA have helped me do this. Music has always been a way to bridge people together, whether its sharing a head nod to hip hop or having a jam session with a few Fenders.

Well you probably got the vote of many rappers in the dope game.

Wonder if Gucci Mane is out of the iron college yet?

Maybe we might bust House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) if Radel can rat out other members snorting up the coke!

Republicans are like cocaine. It's 90% White and 10% everything else.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails