Thursday, September 26, 2013

DMX Gets TV Therapy!

DMX gets TV therapy from Dr. Phil.

Yonkers based rapper returns from the abyss of obscurity to appear on daytime's number one talk show.

Dark Man X (born Earl Simmons) age 42 will be appearing on the Dr. Phil Show.

How the mighty have fallen! He sold over 20 million albums, had numerous hits, and roles in movies.

Now when you hear about him, you say what the hell? Or I've never heard of him.

I remember that he was at the top of his game when he jumped on to Def Jam Records in 1997. He released the classic album It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and the rest is history. When I was a big hip-hop stan, my first rap concert was the Hard Knock Life concert. I had an opportunity to see rappers Jay-Z, Method Man, Redman, and DMX.

That was one of the best concerts I've went to.

A few years later, DMX and his crew the Ruff Ryders were teaming up with Cash Money Records for a tour. The Ruff Ryders were an opening act. DMX, Eve, Jadakiss, teamed up with Juvenile, Lil' Wayne and Birdman during the summer tour. The concert was a huge let down.

After Cash Money performed their songs, we expected the Ruff Ryders to perform next. Well after a horrible comedian did his performance, we waited. And waited. And waited for three hours before the audience was told that the Ruff Ryders weren't coming.
In Maricopa County, Arizona Court, Joe Apiro made DMX sport a pink jumpsuit.

The concert promoters gave our money back and I managed to sulk it up. I've said to myself that the Ruff Ryders will fail. And I was proven right. Today's antics by DMX proves that his "rock star" lifestyle has doomed him in the long term.

DMX, Eve, Jadakiss, The Lox and Swizz Beatz let me down. So I showed my let down by not buying their albums. And believe me that traveled.

Now you hear little of about the Ruff Ryders. The company went bankrupt in the 2010s and reemerged as Ruff Ryders Indy.

Nowadays, whenever I hear about DMX, it's usually his perennial habit of being in the iron college.

The rapper has nothing to offer other than his "religion". Meaning his addiction to pain killers, cocaine, driving without a license, and acting around law enforcement.

Going to Dr. Phil to keep relevant.

Keep it classy, dog!

Complex got some of the details of the Dr. Phil interview with the entertainer.

During the interview DMX touched on his financial woes, drug problem, criminal past, as well as his family, which includes 11 children with another one on the way. While he states that many children can be time-consuming, DMX says he still does his best to take care of them. "I do have a relationship with my children, and I love my children," he says. "I would never just not be a part of my children's lives. That doesn't make sense."

DMX also talked about the infamous incident of him streaking through a hotel hallway. "It was a bet, it was a dare," he says. "The dare was order room service, and run through the hallway naked. I'm like, 'I'll do that.'"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails