Saturday, August 17, 2013

Kendrick Lamar: I'm Top Dawg! F**k All The Others!

Kendrick Lamar opened a bee hive of controversy with his fellow entertainers. He openly dissed a handful of rappers and some have response. Some rappers have openly threatened to retaliate with violence.


Listening to Shade45 with the Aphilliates DJs. DJ Drama, Don Cannon and DJ Sense are talking about the newest diss record by Kendrick Lamar.

The Compton native entertainer released an openly harsh diss upon fellow rappers who he recorded with during his rise. He releases a song targeting Drake, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz, A$AP Rocky, Mac Miller, Meek Mill, Tyler The Creator, Wale, Jay Electronica, Big K.R.I.T., and J. Cole.

Certainly he's begging to a rap war. Kendrick Lamar Duckworth is one of the greatest emcees in the game.
Kendrick Lamar was calling some of the rap game's most popular acts.
As a member of the rap supergroup Black Hippy, Kendrick Lamar comes out the gate with a style that channels his idols, Tupac Shakur, Biggie Smalls (aka Notorious B.I.G.), Nas, Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z, Eminem and Andre 3000.

Black Hippy is an American hip hop group from South Central, Los Angeles, California, formed in 2009, composed of West Coast rappers Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q.

Black Hippy was constructed after all of its members were signed to Carson-based independent record label, Top Dawg Entertainment. In 2012, they signed with Interscope Records, as both solo artists and as a group, after a joint venture deal.

He's a rising star in the hip-hop community. He comes from the cloth of Dr. Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent.

He appears as an artist on Top Dawg Entertainment and Aftermath Records.

The Good Kid In M.A.A.D City was an instant classic. It's certified platinum this year. The rapper is planning on releasing a sophomore album in the coming year.

Kendrick Lamar appeared on singles featuring these rappers.

"Fuckin' Problems" (ASAP Rocky featuring 2 Chainz, Drake and Kendrick Lamar)

"Forbidden Fruit" (J. Cole featuring Kendrick Lamar)

"Fight the Feeling" (Mac Miller featuring Kendrick Lamar and Iman Omari)

"Poetic Justice" (Kendrick Lamar featuring Drake)

"Power Circle" (Maybach Music Group featuring Gunplay, Meek Mill, Stalley, Wale, Rick Ross and Kendrick Lamar)

"A1 Everything" (Meek Mill featuring Kendrick Lamar)

"1 Train" (A$AP Rocky featuring Kendrick Lamar, Big K.R.I.T., Joey Badass, Yelawolf, Action Bronson, Danny Brown)

The diss hit the internet on Thursday. He took a verse from Big Sean's Control and let loose.

[Kendrick Lamar]
Miscellaneous minds are never explainin' their minds
Devilish grin for my alias aliens to respond
Peddlin' sin, thinkin' maybe when you get old you realize
I'm not gonna fold or demise
(I don't smoke crack, motherfucker I sell it!)
Bitch, everything I rap is a quarter piece to your melon
So if you have a relapse, just relax and pop in my disc
Don't pop me no fucking pill, I'mma a pop you and give you this

[Kendrick Lamar]
Tell Flex to drop a bomb on this shit
So many bombs, ring the alarm like Vietnam on this shit
So many bombs, make Farrakhan think that Saddam in this bitch
One at a time, I line em up and bomb on they mom while she watching the kids
I'm in a destruction mode if the gold exists
I'm important like the Pope, I'm a Muslim on pork
I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the king of New York
King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both
The juggernaut's all in your jugular, you take me for jokes
Live in the basement, church pews and funeral faces
Cartier bracelets for my women friends I'm in Vegas
Who the fuck y'all thought it's supposed to be?
If Phil Jackson came back, still no coachin' me
I'm uncoachable, I'm unsociable
Fuck y'all clubs, fuck y'all pictures, your Instagram can gobble these nuts
Gobble dick up til you hiccup, my big homie Kurupt
This the same flow that put the rap game on a crutch (Russ x6)
I've seen niggas transform like villain Decepticons
Mollies'll prolly turn these niggas to fucking Lindsay Lohan
A bunch of rich ass white girls looking for parties
Playing with Barbies, wreck the Porsche before you give em the car key
Judgement to the monarchy, blessings to Paul McCartney
You called me a black Beatle, I'm either that or a Marley
(I don't smoke crack motherfucker I sell it)
I'm dressed in all black, this is not for the fan of Elvis
I'm aimin' straight for your pelvis, you can't stomach me
You plan on stumpin' me? Bitch I’ve been jumped before you put a gun on me
Bitch I put one on yours, I'm Sean Connery
James Bonding with none of you niggas, climbing 100 mil in front of me
And I'm gonna get it even if you're in the way
And if you're in it, better run for Pete's sake
I heard the barbershops spittin' great debates all the time
Bout who's the best MC? Kendrick, Jigga and Nas
Eminem, Andre 3000, the rest of y'all
New niggas just new niggas, don't get involved
And I ain't rockin no more designer shit
White T’s and Nike Cortez, this is red Corvettes anonymous
I'm usually homeboys with the same niggas I'm rhymin' wit
But this is hip-hop and them niggas should know what time it is
And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big KRIT, Wale
Pusha T, Meek Millz, A$AP Rocky, Drake
Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller
I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you niggas
Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you niggas
They dont wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you niggas
What is competition? I'm tryna raise the bar high
Who tryna jump and get it? You better off tryna skydive
Out the exit window of 5 G5’s with 5 grand
With your granddad as the pilot he drunk as fuck tryna land
With the hand full of arthritis and popping prosthetic leg
Bumpin Pac in the cockpit so the shit that pops in his head
Is an option of violence, someone heard the stewardess said
That your parachute is a latex condom hooked to a dread

The diss torched the internet and many B-list rappers responded. 

Paposse, Cassidy, Riff Raff and Lupe Fiasco have tried and failed to match up to the Kendrick Lamar diss. They're just trying savage an already wasted career. That's what some call d*ckriding. 

Meek Mill laughed it off. Big Sean knocks the verse as weak and not comparable to his. Pusha T will respond soon. Drake hasn't respond to it but he will subliminally diss him. Mac Miller hasn't commented yet but he will. J. Cole is willing to take on the challenge. 
The junk food media is eating this stuff up.
Being dissed by a rapper is almost certain for a hostile confrontation or a lyric spat on the microphone. Many entertainers have tired and failed. Some of the great rap battles included LL Cool J vs. Big Daddy Kane, Dr. Dre vs. Eazy E, Jay-Z vs. Nas, Eminem vs. Benzino, and 50 Cent vs. Game.

Some of these rap battles didn't escalate into a violent end. Take the Tupac vs. Biggie beef. Two legendary rappers were killed in a hail of gunfire. Rappers must maintain a civil head when they're engaged in a feud.

People should learn how to make music to sale and not start a war with people you're acquaintances with.

Kendrick Lamar is a mainstream act. There's nothing wrong with being a mainstream act. He's trying to generate buzz for either an album release or a mixtape. It's perfectly fine.

Many entertainers in the hip-hop community have now resorted to releasing promotional mixtapes to get their music out there. They understand that the music sales are declining and in order to at least achieve a successful album, they have to release mixtapes and generate a mainstream buzz.

One thing is clear, Tupac Shakur never shy away from a feud. Is he trying to be living up to the legendary status of Tupac Shakur?

Drake appears on Cash Money Records. Affiliated with OVO Sound and Young Money Entertainment.

Pusha T appears on Def Jam. Affiliated with G.O.O.D. Music and Star Trak Entertainment.

J. Cole appears on Sony Music Group. Affiliated with Roc Nation, LLC and Dreamville Records.

A$AP Rocky appears on Sony Music Group.

Big Sean appears on Def Jam. Affiliated with G.O.O.D. Music.

Mac Miller appears on Rostrum Records.

2 Chainz appears on Def Jam.

Big K.R.I.T. appears on Def Jam.

Meek Mill appears on Maybach Music Group/Atlantic Records. Affiliated with Dreamchasers Records.

Wale appears on Maybach Music Group/Atlantic Records. Affiliated with Roc Nation, LLC.

Tyler The Creator appears on Odd Future Records.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails