Tuesday, July 23, 2013

J. Cole Apologizes For Autism Diss!

File:J. Cole (DJ Zeke cropped out).jpg
J. Cole
North Carolina based rapper/singer walked back some choice words after a firestorm of outcry.

Rapper and singer J. Cole now jumps in the fray of controversy.

Reuters report that J. Cole who drew criticism for using a disparaging line about people with autism in a song lyric has apologized.

J. Cole said he had removed the line, which referred to rivals as “autistic” and “retarded,” from the song “Jodeci Freestyle.”

The single is a feature on Drake's upcoming album Nothing Was The Same (Cash Money).

It will likely be pulled off the album because of the outcry.

Now cue the lyrics.

J. Cole [bridge]:
Jodeci's back
You bitches screamin' like Jodeci's back
I call the front desk for condoms, she's sayin' they ain't got none
The way that I'm respondin', she know that we black, nigga
(Fuck you mean you ain’t got no condoms)
Jodeci's back
Fuckin' hoes like Jodeci's back
I paint pictures and flip words
Nigga woulda thought Def Poetry back

J. Cole [verse]:
Roof top, hoes turnt up
Lookin' for your bitch, bet she won't turn up
Wonder where she is, fuck could she be
She's a ho, she's a slut, she's a freak
Heard a couple niggas hatin' but them fuck niggas weak
Count a hundred thousand dollars like it sucks to be me
Ain't that what you wanted? Stuntin' on you niggas
Came in this game never frontin' on you niggas
Gave you heart and soul, stories of my pain
Feel naked cause I laid out all my glory and my shame
Caught fire just to have niggas ignore me and my flame
'Bout to burn down the house, they tryna put me in the rain, no
Fuck your list you lame niggas and doubters
I'm undoubtedly the hottest and that's just me bein' modest
Go check the numbers dummy, that's just me gettin' started
I'm artistic, you niggas is autistic, retarded
Started, hold your applause
Who gives a poker face when you jokers showed me your cards?
David and Goliath, takin' on the giants
No need for pause when I tell you my balls bigger than yours
No false gods, young Mike playin' against the Monstars
Tappin' into '94 Nas
Or that '96 Jay, or that Chronic shit, Dre
Which is really just Slim Shady, I'm silly, my pen crazy
Today I'm out in Philly, my fans waitin' for twelve hours
Just to get their dollar signed
Thoughts stream like I'm Spotifyin'
Trenchcoat flow, bottom line
To these too cool for school niggas I'm Columbine
Flow dumber than your projections
This makes twice now, I doubled what you expected, yet
Your covers keep perplexin' me
Maybe it's too complex for me
But is this 'bout skills or is this 'bout sales?
Cause either fuckin' way, man all them niggas is less to me
You legends know that we rap
Bitches screamin' like Jodeci's back

J. Cole added: “I want to educate myself more on Autism, and I’ll gladly own my mistake and serve as an example to today’s generation that there’s nothing cool about mean-spirited comments about someone with Autism.”

The comments were released on his social networking blog, DreamVillain.

“People with this disorder and their loved ones have to go through so much already, the last thing they need is to hear something as ignorant as what I said,” he continued in the post, dated July 21. “I understand.”
Entertainer Toni Braxton and her son. Her son is autistic.

J. Cole had performed the song with the rapper Drake, who has also apologized.

“This was a learning lesson for both of us, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to try to right this wrong,” Drake posted on his website on Monday.

The lyrics drew criticism from people with autism spectrum disorder and their families.

After the song was widely publicized last month, the blogger Lou Melgarejo, whose daughter has autism, asked the two artists to consider the impact of their words.

“Ultimately, you are free to say/rap/sing whatever you want,” he wrote in a post that was carried on the website of the advocacy organization Autism Speaks.

“I am just asking that you please stop insulting those who often cannot defend themselves.”

J. Cole is right. You entitled to say whatever you want in the United States. But as an entertainer, private sector worker, politician, government worker, or news reporter you must walk on egg shells when discussing controversial topics. Autism is a serious matter that creates controversial themes.

The View hired Jenny McCarthy to the roster and autism advocates are upset over this. McCarthy doesn't believe in medical treatments to prevent autism and rather rely on natural solutions. That created a firestorm.

Born Sinner was one of the most anticipated albums of the year.

It features TLC (RCA), Miguel (RCA), Nas (Def Jam), 50 Cent (Aftermath/Shady), and Kendrick Lamar (Aftermath). So far the album sold over 500,000 so far.

The album is competing with a big list of album releases.

The list includes: Magna Carta....Holy Grail (Jay-Z/Roc-A-Fella), Yeezus (Kanye West/Roc-A-Fella), I Am Not Human Being (Lil' Wayne/Cash Money), Excuse My French (French Montana/Bad Boy/Maybach Music Group/Interscope), and Hall Of Fame (Big Sean/Def Jam).

As you know that if you're not Lil' Wayne, Rick Ross, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z, and Kanye West, you're not selling as much.

Most rappers strive to success by releasing mixtapes and doing small shows instead of big events. It proved fruitful for veterans like Juicy J, 2 Chainz and Ghostface Killah. Now people are waiting on their album releases.

And now people are "stans" of rappers Nicki Minaj, Future, Waka Flocka Flame, J. Cole, Drake, Gucci Mane, will.i.am, and Young Jeezy.

You hear the chants. You buy the merchandise. You may support a political candidate they've endorsed.
The official album covers from J. Cole's Born Sinner.
You're a stan. You will do anything for the moment to meet an entertainer. Kind of creepy, but again a popular thing in the entertainment industry. That's probably why celebrity news agitators continue to thrive in an industry lacking new ideas.

Hollywood and Broadway are the reasons for music, theater, movies, radio, and television programs.

From Wikipedia:

Jermaine Lamarr Cole (born January 28, 1985), better known by his stage name J. Cole, is an American hip-hop recording artist and record producer from Fayetteville, North Carolina.

He appears as an artist on Roc Nation, LLC/Sony Music Group. He is affiliated with label called Dreamville Records.

Cole began rapping at the age of twelve, after graduating school Cole released his debut mixtape The Come Up (2007). In 2009, he became the first artist to sign to Roc Nation label in which he released two mixtapes The Warm Up (2009) and Friday Night Lights (2010).

His debut album Cole World: The Sideline Story was released on September 27, 2011. The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, Top R&B Albums and Top Rap Albums chart, selling more than 218,000 in its first week. He received a nomination for Best New Artist at the 54th Grammy Awards.

In 2013 Cole released his second studio album Born Sinner which debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, however the album later rose on the chart to number one giving Cole his second number one on the chart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails