Friday, February 08, 2013

Family Affair!

Jury found Ohio mother guilty in the death of her son. Michelle Mooty and Joe Watson are going to the iron college for the death of Levi Barrett. The child's father is a friend.

We here at Journal de la Reyna send our condolences to the family of Levi Barrett.

A personal take on a local woman being sentenced in the death of her son. The purpose of this story allows me to clear the air and address why Black Americans will be a subject of the conservative and white supremacist ire. This type of stuff ignites the word salad of racial slurs, mentions of these individuals being one of "Obama's children" and the "gubmint" parasites uttered by the likes of conservative agitators in the media. 

The callous actions of this woman and her boyfriend has brought my friend to his senses!

Years of reckless behavior from my friend have finally taken its toll. Now realizing that he'll never have an opportunity to see one of his children grow up in the future has finally brought him to his senses!

It's time for him to be a father.

This week, the Ohio court found bad parent Michelle Mooty, guilty in complicity of allowing child abuse to occur. She will be sentenced to prison shortly.
Wiping tears. Mooty reacts to jury decision.
This kind of hits close to home. Charles Barrett, Jr. is the father of the deceased child, Levi. 

The child was killed by Mooty's boyfriend (at the time) Joe Watson, IV. 

The incident happened in December 2011. After a year of deliberations and a jury trial, the court found these irresponsible parents guilty in murder. Watson who has a child with Mooty was sentenced to 15 to life in prison.

Mooty has other children with other men besides Barrett and Watson.

The reason why this comes to head is that I know the father of the deceased child.

For over 10 years, I've known the father of the child.

Charles Barrett fought personal demons in his life. None so than losing his child. 

Barrett has two other children. Barrett has one from another woman and the other from Mooty.
Charles Barrett with his three children. The youngest child Levi (top right) was killed by Joe Watson, the boyfriend of the child's mother Michelle Mooty.  

I've distanced myself from my best friend (and two others I've previously associated with)! 

I can testify that lives were changed that night when I've found out that his son was dead!

My friend isn't perfect. 
Joe Watson was convicted of murder and sentenced to the iron college for life! The girlfriend Michelle Mooty will be there soon. They were responsible for the death of Levi Barrett. 
Through the good times and often bad times, I've tried to be there as much as I could! He didn't need my help, so we moved on!

My friend has a perennial habit of moving from home to home, job to job, from a girl to another girl, and from jail to court!

Barrett's personal demons began when he became a first time father! He met a woman near one of his jobs and fell in love. A few years later, he became a father to his first child. He would eventually bailed out on his responsibilities as a parent.

He would later have two other sons by Michelle Mooty and eventually bail out on them. Although he loved his children, he wanted to venue into dead ends like drug dealing, selling stolen property and making enemies with friends and family. This all came to head when he realized that day he would never see his youngest son alive ever again!

As his first child grows up to become a teenager and his second child begins to understand life itself, my friend has to "get his ass" together to better himself for the sake of his children.

Now I've haven't spoken to him in nearly a year. I can only assume he'll have more children and keep a memory of his son either through his part-time career as a rapper or tattoos on his body. Something symbolic.

My other two friends are struggling as well. They also have perennial problems with family and friends as well.

Barrett's first child comes from one my friends. She struggles as a mother of two with thoughts of her mother. Her mother was killed in a domestic violence dispute when she was very young and it permanently scarred her for life.

The last friend explained is former ex-girlfriend. This one comes from a troubled home. Being a rape survivor and a shooting victim, about seven years ago hasn't changed her from the reckless behavior. 

She nearly died in 2005, after her former boyfriend shot her in the chest.

Each of these individuals are troubled. They've relied on me for years for personal advice and constant help in crisis after crisis. Each of them had opportunities as I to move on with success. Yet, we're still here with the burden of our personal demons.

I've concluded that it's time to move away from them! I have figured that problems may come and go from time to time, I figured that I exhausted my options and will no longer be a reliable friend.

I wish them all well! For as long as I live on this earth, their issues aren't my problems anymore! I've got my own problems to deal with!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails