Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oklahoma Democrat won't endorse Obama - CNN.com

Oklahoma Democrat won't endorse Obama - CNN.com: "WASHINGTON (CNN) -- On the same day Democratic leaders stressed party unity after the drawn-out primary fight, one congressional Democrat said Tuesday that he will not endorse Sen. Barack Obama's bid for the White House. Rep. Dan Boren, Oklahoma's lone Democrat in Congress, said he has to listen to the wishes of his own constituents.

"We're much more conservative," Boren told The Associated Press.

His rural district stretches across the eastern part of the state and borders Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas and Texas.

"I've got to reflect my district. No one means more to me than the people who elected me. I have to listen to them," Boren told the AP.

His congressional office confirmed the quotes to CNN.

Boren also said Obama's record "does not reflect working in a bipartisan fashion." "

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails