Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Political Radar: Author Toni Morrison Endorses Obama

Political Radar: Author Toni Morrison Endorses Obama: "ABC News' Rick Klein and Sunlen Miller Report: Nobel Prize winner Toni Morrison -- who famously declared Bill Clinton to be the nation's 'first black president' in a 1998 essay -- today endorsed Barack Obama for president, via letter from Morrison to the Illinois senator.

In it she writes, 'this opportunity for a national evolution (even revolution) will not come again soon, and I am convinced you are the person to capture it.'

Morrison writes of her admiration for Hillary Clinton but says she 'cared little for her gender as a source of my admiration'.

'Nor do I care very much for your race[s],' Morrison continues to Obama, 'I would not support you if that was all you had to offer or because it might make me 'proud.' '"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails